Carbonara Pasta Salad with Shells and Peas
A twist on pasta carbonara—our pasta salad version boasts classic flavors of crispy bacon, egg, and cream. Medium Shells scoop up delish in every creamy, saucy bite.
Pasta Carbonara Salad—the decadence of traditional pasta carbonara reimagined. Mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and pepper blend into a velvety sauce. Hard-boiled eggs capture carbonara’s signature egg flavor. Topped with savory bacon and fresh parsley, this dish is complemented by shell pasta that scoops up creamy goodness in every bite.
- 12 oz Ronzoni® Medium Shells
- 1 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp milk
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 each hard boiled eggs, chopped
- ½ cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Rinse with cold water to cool quickly; drain well.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl combine ¾ cup mayonnaise, cheese, milk, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Stir in cooled shells and eggs.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Stir in bacon, parsley, and remaining ¼ cup mayonnaise before serving.
Need to save some time? Buy the boiled eggs and bacon precooked. Another quick tip: bacon is easier to crumble when it’s cooled; fresh-cooked bacon can cool in the freezer for about 30 minutes before crumbling.
Put Your Own Spin on It
Switch up your recipe with any of these other Ronzoni pasta shapes.View Products