Baked Macaroni and Cheese with Crispy Breadcrumbs
Scoop up cheesy Mac and Cheese sprinkled with lightly crunchy breadcrumbs. Seconds and thirds, please!
Velvety cheese sauce and breadcrumbs bake to bubbly perfection in this Baked Mac and Cheese recipe. Creamy, cheesy happiness that warms you from within—a savory delight! Make a big batch at the beginning of the week for an easy side to any wholesome dish. Smile, it’s Mac and Cheese night!
- 16 oz Ronzoni® Cavatappi
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 2½ cups milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup onion, minced
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in flour.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Cook, stirring constantly over medium heat, until sauce thickens.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Add onion and cheese; stir until cheese melts.
- Stir cheese sauce into pasta.
- Spoon into a greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until breadcrumbs are golden brown.
Spice things up with seasoned breadcrumbs—Italian-style, garlic and herbs—it’s another touch of zest!
Put Your Own Spin on It
Switch up your recipe with any of these other Ronzoni pasta shapes.View Products