Salty, smoky bacon balances the sweet burst of peas in this Spaghetti Carbonara recipe. Twirl up the lusciously creamy sauce for a decadent bite.
Simple ingredients like eggs, Parm, and pasta water come together to create a velvety, hard-to-forget sauce. Spaghetti pasta twirls the Carbonara with peas and bacon, delighting the tastebuds with every bite. It’s creamy, savory, and irresistible. Let’s cook—so we can eat!
- 8 oz Ronzoni® Spaghetti
- 2 eggs
- 4 thick slices of bacon, diced
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Coarse salt, optional
- Freshly ground black pepper, optional
- Chopped parsley, optional
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- Whisk eggs together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Cook bacon over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes; drain excess drippings.
- Add frozen peas and stir for another 3 to 4 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Add chopped garlic to bacon and pea mixture. Cook about 1 minute, making sure not to burn garlic.
- Reduce heat to low and quickly stir in cooked pasta, egg mixture, 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, and toss.
- Stir in reserved pasta water a little at a time until creamy.
- Turn off heat and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Save your bacon drippings to replace cooking oil or butter in foods like fried eggs or sauteed vegetables. The drippings will leave a rich, smoky taste.
Put Your Own Spin on It
Switch up your recipe with any of these other Ronzoni pasta shapes.View Products