Italian Wedding Soup
An Italian Wedding Soup recipe with the soul of a grandma pinching your cheek while serving another heaping bowl. Turkey meatballs, spinach, and orzo pasta, this classic soup fills you up with hearty deliciousness.
Simple comforts in a bowl! Garlic, Parmesan, spinach, and homemade turkey meatballs simmer in warm broth, while Orzo adds lovely pops of texture. This soul-soothing soup embraces you from within. A recipe so satisfying, it demands a big bowl to savor every spoonful.
- ½ lb ground turkey
- 1 slice of bread, crumbled in a blender
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp onion, minced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp chicken-flavored instant bouillon
- 6 cups cold water
- ½ cup Ronzoni® Orzo
- 1½ cups fresh spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, onion, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and 1 teaspoon bouillon.
- Shape into ½ inch meatballs.
- In a large pot, bring 6 cups of water and the remaining bouillon to a boil.
- Add meatballs and pasta; cook 10 minutes.
- Add spinach; simmer 3 minutes.
- Serve with cheese, if desired.
Add Parmesan rind to the broth in the third step for an extra flavorful soup.
Put Your Own Spin on It
Switch up your recipe with any of these other Ronzoni pasta shapes.View Products