Spaghetti and Meatballs
Where comfort and nostalgia mingle. Tender meatballs canopied in hearty marinara. Adorned in parmesan and basil.
Spaghetti and meatballs — comfort for any night and any occasion. Weekly family dinners, craveable and picky-eater-proof. Your turn hosting game night, a crowd pleaser in a pinch. Leftovers for lunch, a reheated splendor. With fork-tender meatballs and rich marinara, this dish has never met a stranger.
- 1 ½ lbs ground beef
- ⅓ cup dry bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 each eggs, beaten
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 ½ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 each garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14 oz) tomato purée
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp dried basil leaves
- ½ tsp dried oregano leaves
- 16 oz Ronzoni® Spaghetti
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine meat, breadcrumbs, cheese, eggs, parsley, garlic salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Shape into 2-inch balls.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil; add meatballs.
- Cook until browned; drain.
- Add onion and garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add tomato pureé, water, tomato paste, salt, basil, oregano, and remaining ground black pepper; simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Serve hot pasta with sauce and meatballs; sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
Save 20 minutes prep time and substitute with 24 pre-cooked frozen meatballs, thawed out in the fridge.
Put Your Own Spin on It
Switch up your recipe with any of these other Ronzoni pasta shapes.View Products