Three Cheese Baked Mac and Cheese
Your favorite mac and cheese recipe made three times more delicious with three times the cheese—parm, cheddar, and cottage cheese. Each bite brings a velvety delight!
Three cheeses? Yes, please! Sharp parmesan and cheddar combine with creamy cottage cheese for a silky sauce. Savory onions, pepper, and tangy mustard add a balanced kick to this creamy comfort. It’s your new go-to recipe for potlucks, weeknights, and birthdays.
- 8 oz Ronzoni® Elbows
- 2 tbsp onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp powdered mustard
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 ¾ cups milk
- 4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup buttered breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In a medium saucepan, sauté onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour, mustard, and pepper; cook 1 minute.
- Blend in milk; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Add cheddar, cottage, and Parmesan cheese; stir until melted.
- Combine macaroni and sauce mixture; mix well.
- Pour into a buttered 2-quart baking dish.
- Top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake 30 minutes.
The onion will turn translucent when it’s sautéed to tender perfection.
Put Your Own Spin on It
Switch up your recipe with any of these other Ronzoni pasta shapes.View Products