This vegetarian Lasagna recipe nestles sweet peppers, woodsy mushrooms, and tangy tomatoes between sheets of lasagna pasta. You won’t miss the meat in this vegetarian twist on a classic.
- 8 oz Ronzoni® Lasagna
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ¾ cup green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 jar (24 oz) pasta sauce
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 container (15 oz) ricotta cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook mushrooms, green bell pepper, onion, and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Stir in pasta sauce, basil, and oregano.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Combine ricotta, 2 cups mozzarella, and eggs; mix well.
- Spread ½ cup sauce on bottom of greased 13×9 inch baking dish.
- Layer the Lasagna in the baking dish, overlapping slightly.
- Spread 1 cup sauce, ¼ cup Parmesan, and a thin layer of ricotta cheese mixture on the Lasagna.
- Repeat layering.
- Top with remaining ½ cup sauce and 1 cup mozzarella.
- Cover; bake 45 to 50 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Uncover; bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is golden.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Garnish as desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Be adventurous and swap the layers of lasagna sheets for different shapes, like Ronzoni® Ziti, Penne Rigate, Mostaccioli, or Ziti Rigate.
Put Your Own Spin on It
Switch up your recipe with any of these other Ronzoni pasta shapes.View Products