Baked Rigatoni and Sausage
Rich ricotta and zesty Italian sausage unite in a Baked Rigatoni and Sausage recipe that’s both simple and delish. It’s warm, it’s filling, and most of all, it’s a crowd-pleaser.
- 8 oz Ronzoni® Rigatoni
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped or roughly torn spinach
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 container (15 oz) ricotta cheese
- 1 jar (24 oz) pasta sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook meat until brown on all sides; drain.
- Remove from pan; slice into thin pieces.
- Return meat to pan; add onion and garlic.
- Cook until onion is tender (do not burn garlic); drain.
- Stir in hot, cooked pasta, spinach, and ricotta cheese; blend well.
- Pour 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce on the bottom of a 3-quart casserole dish.
- Spread 1/3 pasta mixture over sauce; cover with about 3/4 cup sauce.
- Sprinkle 2/3 cup mozzarella and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese over sauce.
- Repeat layers of pasta mixture, sauce, and cheese twice, ending with Parmesan cheese; cover.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Don’t use garlic often? You can freeze the entire garlic head, individual cloves, or minced garlic. That way you waste less while still enjoying fresh garlic taste.
Put Your Own Spin on It
Switch up your recipe with any of these other Ronzoni pasta shapes.View Products