Penne Rigate with Quick Meat Sauce
- 12 oz Ronzoni® Penne Rigate
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jar (24 oz) pasta sauce
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook meat until browned, drain.
- Add onion; cook until tender.
- Stir in pasta sauce, parsley, basil, salt, and ground black pepper; simmer 5 to 10 minutes.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Toss hot cooked pasta with meat sauce; sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
If you’re using fresh herbs, add them to the sauce at the end. Take the skillet off the heat, stir in your herbs, and let rest for 5 minutes. This will give you the freshest taste.
Put Your Own Spin on It
Switch up your recipe with any of these other Ronzoni pasta shapes.View Products