Rigatoni Al Forno
Rigatoni al Forno recipe is a comforting crowd-pleaser! Our version layers pasta in a flavorful meat and tomato sauce with a creamy blend of ricotta, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese. Baked until ooey-gooey, savor each bite. And enjoy that irresistible cheese pull!
When served warm and creamy, this baked pasta offers an unforgettable forkful of saucy, gooey melted cheese. Ricotta, mozzarella, and Parmesan meld with sweet Italian sausage and savory ground beef in a make-ahead dish that will have you longing for tomorrow’s leftovers. For advanced prep, follow the instructions, excluding baking. Cover with plastic wrap and foil, then refrigerate for up to two days or freeze for two months.
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ lb sweet Italian sausage (bulk, or casings removed)
- 1 jar (24 oz) pasta sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 16 oz Ronzoni® Rigatoni
- 1 container (15 oz) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 400º F.
- In large saucepan, cook meat until brown; drain.
- Stir in pasta sauce and garlic powder; heat to boiling.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In medium bowl, stir together ricotta cheese, 1½ cups mozzarella cheese, ½ cup Parmesan cheese, and egg.
- Stir together cooked pasta and meat sauce; spread one-half mixture in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Spread ricotta mixture evenly over pasta.
- Spoon remaining pasta mixture over ricotta cheese.
- Cover with foil; bake 25 minutes.
- Remove foil; sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- Bake 5 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Heat up frozen Rigatoni al Forno like this: Remove from freezer and cover with foil. Bake at 400º F for an hour. Remove the foil and pop it back in the oven for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is golden.
Put Your Own Spin on It
Switch up your recipe with any of these other Ronzoni pasta shapes.View Products