Texas Style Rotelle
Texas Style Rotelle delivers a kick! Tomato sauce, BBQ sauce, and zippy spices simmer with ground beef to meld big flavor. Toss with Rotelle, and enjoy this bold recipe fusion.
Rotelle meets backyard BBQ—that’s Texas Style Rotelle, one of our favorite rotelle pasta recipes. The sauce is a mighty mix of bold flavors—tomato BBQ sauce, garlic, onion, cayenne pepper, and a dash of oregano. Rotelle pasta’s big twists transport the zippy sauce and flavor. This recipe is an unforgettable side dish or main.
- 4½ cups Ronzoni® Rotelle
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 each garlic cloves, minced
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup canned tomatoes
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 tsp salt, to taste
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In large skillet, cook meat, onion and garlic until meat is brown and onion is tender; drain.
- Add tomato sauce, barbecue sauce, tomatoes, parsley, oregano, cayenne pepper, if desired and salt to taste.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered 15 minutes.
- Toss hot pasta and sauce.
Turn up the heat to your preferred burn with red pepper flakes, a dab of Siracha, or a few chopped jalapeños.
Put Your Own Spin on It
Switch up your recipe with any of these other Ronzoni pasta shapes.View Products