Classic Macaroni and Cheese
Gooey, cheesy comfort awaits with this Classic Macaroni and Cheese recipe. As do the smiles of delight.
Cheesy, easy, and fills the whole family. Our Classic Macaroni and Cheese recipe combines savory minced onions and buttery cheddar cheese into a bubbly bake that brings unstoppable dinner-time smiles. A little spice of pepper and a seasoning of salt add a touch of character, while breadcrumbs bring the beloved bit of crunch. Fill hearts tonight!
- 8 oz Ronzoni® Elbows
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2½ cups milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup onion, minced
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in flour.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Cook, stirring constantly over medium heat, until sauce thickens.
- Stir in salt and ground black pepper.
- Add onion and cheese; stir until cheese melts.
- Stir cheese sauce into cooked pasta.
- Spoon into greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake 30 minutes.
Mix and match cheeses for added flavor! Try Mexican cheddar, Colby Jack, and even White Cheddar.
Put Your Own Spin on It
Switch up your recipe with any of these other Ronzoni pasta shapes.View Products