Creste di Gallo with Homemade Kale Pesto
Elevate pesto pasta. Fresh, homemade kale pesto is light and herbaceous—a colorful complement to roasted squash. Warm or chilled, a divine dish!
Pesto perfection! This creste di gallo pasta recipe combines basil, garlic, and peppery kale for a vibrant homemade pesto dish. Tossed with ruffled creste di gallo pasta, roasted butternut squash, and sprinkled with Parmesan, it’s equally delightful warm or chilled. A pasta salad to serve at summer parties or a warm and comforting main course. Charming!
- 12 oz Ronzoni® Creste di Gallo
- 4 cups butternut squash, cut into ½-inch cubes
- ½ cup olive oil, divided
- ¾ tsp salt, divided
- ¾ tsp pepper, divided
- 1 cup packed baby kale, thinly sliced
- ½ packed basil leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup blanched almonds
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cloves garlic
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese, shaved
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain reserving 1/3 cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, toss butternut squash with 2 tbsp olive oil, 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- In food processor, process kale, remaining oil, basil, almonds, Parmesan, garlic, remaining salt and pepper until smooth.
- Toss together pasta, pasta water, roasted butternut squash and pesto until well coated. Garnish with shaved Parmesan.
You can make this a cold or hot pasta dish. For cold, just cool the cooked pasta under cold water. Don’t worry about the starch washing away, it actually helps the pasta loosen up for salads.
Put Your Own Spin on It
Switch up your recipe with any of these other Ronzoni pasta shapes.View Products