Fettuccine Alfredo with Asparagus
Our delightful twist on Classic Fettucine Alfredo—ribbons of fettuccine cloaked in a velvety mascarpone alfredo sauce. Asparagus and aromatic herbs add a burst of freshness. A beautiful crowd-pleaser that will leave you craving more.
- 1 pkg (16 oz) Ronzoni® Fettuccine
- ½ lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding asparagus in the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain, reserving ¼ cup cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet set over medium heat; cook shallot and garlic for 1 to 2 minutes or until softened. Stir in cream; bring to boil. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Whisk in mascarpone cheese until smooth and sauce is thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss together sauce, pasta and asparagus, reserved cooking liquid and Parmesan for 1 to 2 minutes or until pasta is well coated. Stir in chives and parsley.
Don’t have mascarpone on hand? You can substitute cream cheese.
Put Your Own Spin on It
Switch up your recipe with any of these other Ronzoni pasta shapes.View Products