Creamy Penne alla Vodka
Buttery mascarpone, savory garlic, and vibrant tomatoes—all with a touch of heat. This Creamy Penne alla Vodka recipe is a fine dining dream.
Delight loved ones and your taste buds! A rich, slightly tangy tomato sauce pairs with penne pasta, offering vibrant sophistication your palate will adore. Onions, thyme, and tomato paste simmer into a flavorful base with a kick from red pepper flakes. Vodka adds a zippy tang, a nod to the dish’s namesake. Creamy mascarpone enriches the sauce. Toss with pasta, broiled tomatoes, and sharp Parmesan for an unforgettable, decadent dish.
- 12 oz Ronzoni® Penne
- 2 ½ cups grape tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ⅓ cup vodka
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Meanwhile, toss together tomatoes, olive oil, and half each of the salt and pepper. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper; broil for 3 to 5 minutes or until charred in spots and starting to burst.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; cook onion, garlic, thyme, red pepper flakes, and remaining salt and pepper for 3 to 5 minutes or until onion is slightly softened.
- Stir in tomato paste; cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in vodka; bring to a boil. Stir in broth; bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in mascarpone until smooth.
- Add pasta, reserved cooking liquid, and broiled tomatoes, tossing until well-coated. Add Parmesan cheese, if desired.
The cloudy pasta water helps the sauce bind to the pasta, making it your secret ingredient for a silky sauce.
Put Your Own Spin on It
Switch up your recipe with any of these other Ronzoni pasta shapes.View Products